Saturday November 1, 2014
| Last update: Friday at 11:32 PM

Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits held up in Senate

January 16, 2014

Washington, DC - Attempts to restore Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits stalled in the Senate, Jan. 14, when Republicans and Democrats clashed over what austerity measures and budget cuts would be linked to the proposed extension. Observers believe it is unlikely that any action on benefits for the long-term unemployed will take place before the end of the month.

The end of Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) benefits has impacted about 1.3 million workers.

The protracted economic crisis, which started at the end of 2007, engulfed the capitalist world and left in its wake persistently high unemployment rates. For millions of working people the results have been devastating.

It is important that heat be put on Congress in coming weeks to restore the benefits.

Terri wrote 8 weeks 2 days ago

So they approve it and then the ppl that had a tier balance and their benefits ran out are also screwed they don't qualify what are we to do? Sinking more and more in the land of the free.

Terri wrote 8 weeks 2 days ago

Why would you reply? "All good things must come to an end" I hope an pray you never loose your job. We have lost everything most of us have been hitting the pavement everyday every one of us. unemployed people have famlies that now we are in the most embarassing part of our life unable to support our famlies. Yeah America that screwed the American people. I would march to the White House my family deserves the 100 % fight I can put up for them. And for the moron comment I have always voted democrat and still my Ohio Rep is screwing America. So tired of all the BS. Take care of your own before other countries. The whole White House needs reorganized. To many big head in that house. God Bless to all the struggling families.

PLEASE WATCH MY VIDEO ON THE SUBJECT AND SHARE !

Fuk the government that why I

Fuk the government that why I never vote""voting for somebody just to plot your downfall" and stil consider yourself as a American believe that

George wrote 38 weeks 4 days ago

another 6 months

why don't they extend emergency unemployment for the people who just got off the 6 month state unemployment for another 6 months.I could live with that!!!

A parent is a hero in a child's eyes.
How can a hero not be able to provide
Food,and a warm place to live for a child?

Wow 21 yrs of military and

Wow 21 yrs of military and serving this country this I how they repay the people it's sad to see

Stop voting for republicans

Stop voting for republicans they pass the war bill cause they have stocks in the company's they giving contracts too

TO THE UNENPLOYED

WE SHOULD AL MARCH IN TO CONGRESS 1.3 MILLION PEOPLE STRONG WHO'S GOING TO STOP USE!!!!!!!!!!!!

TO THE UNENPLOYED

joseph lipscomb wrote 39 weeks 5 days ago

reply to my comment

How can we get involved an let Congress and Senate know how we feel and cast our vote

I'll be voting Democratic

I'll be voting Democratic from now own!

Put on your big boy and girl

Put on your big boy and girl pants and stop screwing with the lives of innocent people who will most likely NOT re-elect you next term

Tonie wrote 40 weeks 13 hours ago

Why do this to people, very

Why do this to people, very sad.

ive worked for a company 12

ive worked for a company 12 years and they shut their doors ive applied ans applied for work none found.now with no eug im losing my home thanks to who

Senate/Congress republicans

Senate/Congress republicans should be ashamed. They DON'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE. I am unemployed no fault of my own. We need EUC benefits

employment

employment opportunity, please email me. for anyone who needs help until extension.

Welfare should be stopped

Welfare should be stopped before unemployment! Let's hand people things who don't work for them, instead of help the people who have.

Yes. I am unemployed and about to lose everthing I own. Obama said I have a phone and a pen I wonder why he hasn't used it yet. O yea there all on recess

euc

Stop voting for Rep. It's sad what they are doing...they act like
Spoil bulleys......my other statement was true
Yet they blocked me.......we have the power....watch who you vote fir

euc

Remember all of you voted these republicans to the house,just like you all voted for Nixon,Reagan,Bush senior and son for Presidents.Don,t come crying now,next time do not vote for Republicans for anything,never ever you Ass----s!

lock the door

If I were in charge , I would inform the senate members that the doors of the senate would remain locked and will remain locked until all issues regarding EUC benefits are resolved. Just more Republican bullshit.

emergency unemployment extension

A feeling no one should ever have to go through. Have some compassion. Cell phone will be cut off soon. I have no gas. And mortgage is overdue. It's like we are being set up to fail.

Thomas Taffst wrote 40 weeks 5 days ago

euc

Just another example of government saying one thing meaning something else and doing something totaly different my benifits were cut but that is just one in a long litany of atraucities that our government sees fit to commit i personaly hope always for revlution.

It's not a free ride -- we pay for this insurance. I don't care -- democrat or republican -- vote for the extension. I can see putting a limit on it but just 26 weeks for me right now is not enough.

STEVE wrote 40 weeks 5 days ago

Its not a free ride asswipe!!!!

people pay for unemployment insurance ,its not a free ride, i bet your a republican and have a job.

Unemployment

Things are no better than when the extensions started.people can't find work with no money to look for work.all politicians better wake up to the way of the real world.

don't extend the benefits!

All good things must come to an end ... now is as good a time as any! Too many people are becoming dependent on the free ride.

Okay enough with the talk, when will they pay?

Cynthia wrote 40 weeks 6 days ago

Euc

Stop blaming Obama. It's the freakin Republicans who don't give a shit. I'm hoping benefits ate extended too. We knew this was coming. We need to look a little harder for work!

not obama fault

congress is the fault

Why are you all blaming

Why are you all blaming Obama? He wants Congress to come to an agreement and extend euc. He has already said that if euc is passed in the Senate and house, he will sign the bill immediately.

Dear Screwed in SC Thanks OBAMA

Clearly you are uninformed!!!! "President Obama"fought to extend the ECU benefits. Republicans are the disconnected, insensitive and unconcerned party who turned their backs on their own constituents!!!!

Screwed in SC Thanks OBAMA

Wish we could stop their pay as easily. Now those of us begging for a job will be begging for food! Big thanks to all those that voted for him twice!

EUC benefits

Senate/Congress republicans should be ashamed. While your home on your 10 days off, I'll just skip this months mortgage payment. Pass EUC pretend Bush is in office.

Thanks while were out here

Thanks while were out here struggling to find a job no ones hiring! becoming homeless in the process no heat light or hot water no food. Obama u can veto the bill your the president for a reason! Single mother of three young children.

Hope they are happy sitting

Hope they are happy sitting in there comfy heated homes with full bellies watching cable tv for the weekend while we are all starving with hungry children & freezing!!! Grow Up & get your thumbs out of your behinds!

CINDY wrote 41 weeks 12 hours ago

I WILL BE HOMELESS BY THE END OF FEB as I own my double wide but cannot pay taxes nor lot fee nor the water nor the garbage soon my internet will be gone and then I will be SOL completely THANK YOU LYING OBAMA

STEVE wrote 41 weeks 12 hours ago

EUC REPUBLICANS

who needs food right , i forgot republicans dont eat.

STEVE wrote 41 weeks 12 hours ago

EUC REPUBLICANS

WHY TAKE CARE OF PEOPLE WHO LOST THIER JOB THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN , WHO NEEDS FOOD RIGHT?

Homeless because Benefits

Homeless because Benefits were cut! Thanks Senate and Congress!!!

Homeless because of my

Homeless because of my Government!

Wish you knew how this feels,

Wish you knew how this feels, being jobless and penniless and Homeless because of no extended EUC!!

Unemployment compensation extension

The Senate/House give all kinds of financial help to other countries and all kinds of causes -- why can't they help the unemployed !?!

R Wheeler wrote 41 weeks 22 hours ago

When you are starving and cold we will come to your rescue!!!

inspector