Friday October 31, 2014
| Last update: Wednesday at 9:33 PM

Reid: Senate to vote “in next few days” on Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC)

March 4, 2014

Washington D.C. – Senate Majority leader Harry Reid announced this evening, March 4, that he had filed a bill to renew Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC). In a twitter message he stated that, “We'll vote on it in the next few days.”

More than 2 million jobless workers have lost unemployment benefits and the number is rapidly rising each day. Many are facing home foreclosures, car repossessions, utility cutoffs and hunger.

The stage was set for the massive cutoff in Dec. 2013 when the Senate’s Democratic leadership failed to insist on including extended unemployment benefits in the budget agreement. This gave the Republicans, who are generally opposed to benefits for the long term unemployed, the power to block any extension of unemployment insurance.

If the Extended Unemployment Compensation (EUC) passes the Senate, it will need to be approved by the Republican-controlled House.

Commenting on these developments, Steff Yorek, the Political Secretary of Freedom Road Socialist Organization stated, “Congress needs to act now. The working class is sick and tired of hearing about hand outs to the so called ‘job creators’ while those of us who have been laid off and can’t find work get nothing.”

Yorek continued, “Both Republicans and Democrats have failed the unemployed. They serve the big corporations and the wealthy. In the next few days, all of us should call our Senators and tell them to do whatever it takes to pass Extended Unemployment Compensation.”

We People Have To Take Action

We People Have To Take Action Now!! The Petition that was up has now been taking down due to lack of signatures!!! Come on We have to do better!!! We people that are suffering losing everything around us while the government are enjoying themselves eating well sleeping well driving well paying their bills well having nice homes to go to. We have to sign a new petition NOW!!! We also need to spread the word and get as many people we know to also sign!!!! There are over 2.9 million of us that are hoping and praying and wishing that the government would do the right thing but obviously they are NOT!!! This bs has been going on since December 2013 people they don't give two shits about us!!! We are not asking for a hand out or free money. We have payed into this some of us have been employed since we were in our teens our whole lives!!! We Americans Need and Deserve Help Now Mr. President and Congress!!!! How can this one man John Boehner be in control of so many lives??? Why isn't the President doing anything???? Why is this not being picked up or talked about on any of the news channels??? Why isn't Anderson Cooper or Nancy Grace or CBS or ABC News talking about it??? Why don't I see any talk about it on my FB newsfeed or IG or Twitter??? We have to Stand Up and get The word out there people all of us!!! I signed the last petition also posted it to all my social network accounts please if we all do this maybe something will be done about it maybe they will have to take notice of us and do something about it. Please people we need to really get this out there!!! I mean don't get me wrong I don't know if this will work I'm not trying to be cocky at all def not me but I do know I'm sick and tired of struggling and stressing and hoping and praying that these politicians will do the right thing that the President would step in and do something that it would be broadcasted and covered daily until a outcome came about but it has not. So Now it's Really TIME TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!

Concerned wrote 24 weeks 4 days ago

Taking Too Long

Recently, my car was repossessed, I lost my apartment, my cell phone has been shut off due to non payment and I was living off of rice for the passed week until now because I literally have nothing to eat. The company I work for had to lay off about 300 workers after our last job and we (who are on the recommendations list) have been told that our next project has gone through and we're just awaiting a start date. Even though this is great news, the process is taking a lot longer than anyone had expected. Please believe me that I am an honest hard working American and that I would love to be working again. As sad as it is, I do look for work everyday but nothing has come through yet. On another note, I'm expected to return to my former employer soon but for now I have lost everything it seems and now I don't even have a working phone to call back a potential job offer. I don't think we're asking for that much here.

Put yourself in my shoes. Every morning, I wake up at 6am, take a shower, put on a nice buttoned down shirt , slacks, dress shoes and a tie, grab a notebook, a pen, a hand full of resumes and walk from business to business filling out applications and giving out my resume. Upon returning home (to my friends couch mind you), I then proceed to hit up Craigslist for hours looking for new jobs. On average, I spend about ten hours a day if not more looking for work. Can I at least get one more puny little unemployment check so I can get a working phone?

Georgia Peach wrote 29 weeks 6 days ago

I am a "Lazy" Individual, with an Opinion

My feelings are truly hurt by those individuals who call the unemployed - "Lazy". I would rather 1. be working than sitting on this computer every day, 2. be checking the news media to find out if Mr. Boehner (a single person who puts on his pants as every other man in the world) has risen from the "seat of his conscience" and decided that he should endorse the EUC bill, 3. be applying for at least 5 or more jobs via the Internet, 4. be sending messages to the President, Senate and the House. I must admit that I understand why some people go crazy, when you have Government ignoring the fate of people not finding jobs, and being forced to lose their homes and cars, and then have to possibly live in sub-standard conditions and being hungry, asking for the EUC bill to be passed, but then to have ludicrous individuals talking "trash" about laziness, and "get a job" comments.
I am over 50 and a female living in Georgia, who has worked for the last 33 years, paid income taxes, SSI and Unemployment taxes, who gave the best customer service (that's from my customers) at the big box home improvement company called Lowe's, based out of North Carolina, who was fired based mainly on a bias of ludicrous individuals. I received 18 weeks of unemployment (Georgia's limit), had to use up the little 401K that I accumulated, but am now facing the possibility of living out of a storage rental and/or a car on the $300 monthly pension annuity which I receive from a company I worked for 18 years ago which downsized years ago.
I have sent emails to Boehner, Reid, Chambliss, Saxby and Johnson, and have received their generic replies. Next, I am taking copies of a rent check, my gas, electric, and water bills, my car insurance and cellphone bills and I will find the approximate $3, and use the US Postal service to mail them to their offices and to the White House also. Let's see if they answer or they throw them in the garbage. My credit and my integrity can't get any worse.
WASHINGTON DC, we need to take care of home first, before we take care of the Ukraine, and every other country knocking on our doors. Maybe the unemployed should start asking other countries to take care of us, since "we the People" are not being taken care of here in these UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

Extended Unemployment

To show you just how screwed up our system is, I make 15000 a year on social security which I had to take early because I can't find a job. I'm told I make too much money to qualify for food stamps because our dear government cut the food stamp budget. Try paying a mortgage, car payment, groceries and utilities on 15000 a year.

And our congressmen can't pass extended unemployment??

Is everyone aware that these shit bags get a $148 meal allowance PER DAY every day of the year? That's 3 x my budget for groceries for an entire month. The nation needs to save money all right and it should be apparent where some of those savings need to come from.

Almost Homeless

I wish the republicans would stop messing around.. all this talk about the EUC lets us have a paid vacation is total BS.. I am a single parent trying to raise two children on my own, and I have no help from their mother. I only received $196 a week and I made it work. I had nothing extra just paid bills and looked for work. I am not on the verge of being evicted from the home I live in because I have not found a job and have not been able to afford to even get out and look not that I have absolutely NO income whatsoever. I mean come on congress you vote yourself a raise and than take a week off almost every other week.. how about helping the American people that pay your ridiculous salaries cause you even know you don't EARN that money, and for the republicans to deny us any help is really showing that they only care about their self. What are you afraid that if you let us have the money we DESPERATLEY need you wont be able to vote yourself another raise? I busted my ass looking for work with the little money I had and still do what I can, but I have used every penny I had saved or the past few years and not I am about a week away from being homeless with my two children. I sure hope you sleep well at night knowing that everyday that goes by you are putting more and more Americans out on the street. This is not the country I was raised to love. The republicans really need to get off their high horse and do what is right for the American people that need this. None of us are asking for too much, just enough to keep us from going hungry or homeless. Please stop making us beg for help.

Cindy wrote 31 weeks 4 days ago

Sign the White House Petition to Extend unemployment !

Not enough of you have signed the petition ! Get people to sign.

Many of your fellow Americans are going hungry and may lose their homes. Sign if that means anything to you.

Hairpiece wrote 31 weeks 4 days ago

Euc

I believe congress and everyone in DC wants the middle class to go away,they sold us out 20 years ago,I will never vote demarcate or republican ever again,, just one vote but that's one vote they will never get again,,,

ryan l. wrote 31 weeks 4 days ago

we will help ukraines economy but wont pass euc to help our own

Its going to be a demoralizing day for americans if congress passes the aide package to help ukraine and loan them money but they dont pass the euc extension to help our own economy. I work construction all springsummer and fall and i just look for help during bad winters like this one and now im about to lose everything bc of the GOP and his republican mobsters.. the rich get richer and the middle class gets poorer. If they give money to ukraine and not help us americans. I am proposing that everyone on euc go switch to independant voter and we organize a picket line on congress front yarf

GOP ARE BUNCH OF ASSHOLES, HEARTLESS FUCKED UP CONSERVATIVE

GOP ARE BUNCH OF ASSHOLES, HEARTLESS FUCKED UP CONSERVATIVES.
ALL GOPS SHOULD GO TO HELL.

I live in Las Vegas,NV and I am an out of work construction worker. If you Mr Boehner dont care about american people,thats fine but do care about the out of work peoples kids who are going hungry and dont have a warm place to sleep. I hope you have a heart and will reconsider your vote." THE KIDS"!!!!!!!

Please! Boehner, pass the

Please! Boehner, pass the bill. It just 5 months. Haven't people suffer enough!! Have a heart.

All these shout outs to Congress and the failure of congress???? All of Washington DC is failing not just Congress and if you voted for the second term of the leader we have, you deserve everything you are or are not eating.... simple as that!!!!!!

How congress thinks

GET A JOB .....ALREADY SO WE DONT HAVE TO PAY

Why

THEY DONT CARE TO THEM YOU SHOULD NOT BE UNEMPLOYED. ther is some kind of work.get a job..jobless..

IT WILL NEVER PASS WATCH..........

CONGRESS FUCKIN SUCKS SO BAD.... IT WILL NEVER PASS.... THEY DONT GIVE ONE FUCKIN BIT............

Please pass the bill when

Please pass the bill when congress returns from recess

DEANO wrote 32 weeks 6 days ago

WTF !!!!!! ANOTHER RECESS

WTF !!!!!! ANOTHER RECESS !!!! THESE MUTHER's have more recess than my kids.....

SIGN THE LAW !!!!!!! WE WONT MAKE IT ANOTHER TWO WEEKS>>>>>> NO JOBS<< NO MONEY LOST MY CAR, NOW MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what does the next few days

what does the next few days mean?? Like in a month or two after we are all homeless. or worse-- DEAD!!!

SorryAssUS wrote 33 weeks 2 days ago

THIS IS SICKENING...I WILL

THIS IS SICKENING...I WILL NEVER VOTE AGAIN, CANT WAIT TILL THEY ARE ALL PASSED ON AND GONE.

i will never vote again

i will never vote again

PASS THE FUCKIN BILL...WE ARE

PASS THE FUCKIN BILL...WE ARE LOSIN OUR HOMES

Toni wrote 33 weeks 5 days ago

The Hell with Congress & the Government! A bunch of losers!

Hairpiece wrote 33 weeks 5 days ago

A holes

Maybe if they didn't ship all our jobs overseas we wouldn't need help,didn't take but 45 minutes for then to gather 45 million for them forigners but no help for Americans,were the ones who needs to kick the government out,f them badtards

Anonymousjay wrote 33 weeks 5 days ago

Ive worked my whole life, and

Ive worked my whole life, and when I need some assistance is not there for me..please pass the bill

Mark aronstein wrote 33 weeks 6 days ago

The unemployed

For god sakes... Help!!!

UNEMPOLYED IS MUCH HIGHER

The Gov. is sanctioning the unemployed wright here in the US.!!!

Cindy wrote 33 weeks 6 days ago

Copy and paste this message to your Facebook page ! PLEASE !

unemployed wrote 34 weeks 4 min ago

They will be on break the

They will be on break the week of March 17th so if it's not passed next week it won't be till April apply pressure. Make calls to your reps!

Anonymousjay wrote 34 weeks 30 min ago

I thought this was America???

I thought this was America???

Roslyn Farley wrote 34 weeks 14 hours ago

Please extend benefits. This caused me and my family homelessness.

We have nothing now. No cars no home. Shame on our leaders.

government failure.

Extend a hand? No. You are not my masters

Do not need you to extend a hand. We need you to do your job.

STOP THE MADNESS!

CONGRESS DO WHATS RIGHT FOR THE UNEMPLOYED AMERICANS YES FUCKIN ARMERICAS.. VOTE YA....ALL

Hurting family

This is so sad and they dont care because they have money to eat pay bills etc..What God do they serve cause they have NO HEARTS...

petiution

sign this petition
join my facebook page fight to restore extended unemployment

Ronnie Mack wrote 34 weeks 17 hours ago

Unemployment

People should know the record on the last vote for the extension:

All Dems voted YES. One Independent also voted YES. One Repub voted YES.

All other Repubs voted NO.

Here that my fellow unemployed and struggling? Basically a hearty F U from the Repubs in a time of dire need.

Peair wrote 34 weeks 18 hours ago

Check this out on you tube

This guy hits the nail on the head, type in the revolution is being televised.

Kablouie wrote 34 weeks 19 hours ago

Govt

The people shouldn't fear it's government, the government should fear it's people.

now i can relate

Well now i know what it must feel like to be a black man in America.with no opportunities for employment and no assistance, it's sell drugs or starve.

Cindy wrote 34 weeks 21 hours ago

Get Proactive if you Want the Extension Guys ! C'mon !

Cindy wrote 34 weeks 21 hours ago

Copy and paste this message to your Facebook page ! PLEASE !

people are suffering. some

people are suffering. some people have no one. some are spending their last dollar for a loaf of broad. This government is turning it's own country into a nightmare. It's disgusting. clearly the govt isn't their for the people. it's a game and he people are suffering as little paws in the bullshit.

Cindy wrote 34 weeks 23 hours ago

No jobs

They know no jobs exist for us. Big brother is off making the prom queen. We are on our own. Do not forget to vote.

TIME FOR CONGRESS TO BE UNEMPLOYED

TIME FOR THOSE DICKS IN CONGRESS TO BE UNEMPLOYED.. LET THEM DICK KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE....

LET ME GUESS CONGRESS IS IN RECESS

LET ME GUESS THERE IN RECESS UNTIL NEXT WEEK. ISN'T ABOUT TIME FOR ANOTHER BREAL... WHAT A JOKE..

THEY DONT CARE

THEY DONT CARE... THEY JUST DONT CARE...WHY WOULD THEY THEY HAVE A GOOD PAYING JOB...HAD MY JOB OVER 16 YEARS COMPANY JUST ONE DAY CLOSED DOWN.. JUST FINISH MY 26 WEEKS STILL NO JOB WELL FUCK YOU CONGRESS<3....

Marcus Maxus wrote 34 weeks 1 day ago

UEC

Yeah the Republicans are turds! I know because I am one!

inspectorrandoness